Join the CVC of Atlanta and the Atlanta Business Chronicle for a special stakeholder session as we plan content for our 2019 publication on corporate civic engagement. This section highlights trends and best practices in CSR and corporate citizenship as well as winners of the 22nd Annual IMPACT Awards and will be included in the Atlanta Business Chronicle's Friday, September 20, 2019 edition.
This program is open to CVC corporate members and nonprofit member partners only and is appropriate for professionals at all levels of career experience.
Section themes suggested to date include:
1. DISASTER RELIEF: How companies are working together to deal with disasters
2. CVC GOES BEYOND VOLUNTEERISM: How the CVC and its members impact issues that go far beyond volunteering (recruiting talent, retaining talent, diversity and inclusion, innovation)
3. SKILLS-BASED VOLUNTEERING
4. EQUITY – Fairness and impartiality in CSR, community engagement and workforce development
5. A NEW TAKE ON PHILANTHROPY: How companies are connecting nonprofits and approaching philanthropy in new ways
6. CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM: How CVC members are working to make progress in this space
7. LEVERAGING VOLUNTEERISM IN A TIME OF CHANGE: How volunteerism and community engagement can help support mergers/change management
We encourage you to consider these themes prior to the meeting and to bring your specific ideas and examples to share. We also welcome additional topic suggestions that are not currently on this list.
Our conversation will take place at NCR, 864 Spring Street, NW, Atlanta GA 30308. We are deeply grateful to Yvonne Whitaker and NCR for hosting this program and to our friends at Atlanta Business Chronicle for providing lunch.
Space is limited for this session. We respectfully request that only one representative per member company/member partner organization register so that we may include as many partners as possible. Limited visitor parking is available in the garage behind NCR. Additional parking is available along the street as well as at the Century building one block north.
Guests should be prepared to provide a photo ID at the lobby security desk. Please let email@example.com know if you have any dietary restrictions.
We look forward to your inspiring stories and ideas.